Sunday, February 7, 2010

From Sand to Grass


Focusing on a cheap statue of a strange horse with very long ears, I began to sink deeper into the car’s seat. Missing my old school, friends, palm trees and the sun shining. We left the surf, surfers and beach bunnies for farmer boys and ‘not so many’ Daisy Dukes. Wishing I didn’t have to get out of bed today. Starring back at me in the mirror, a dude so out of place, I flipped my blonde hair out of my eyes and made my way down the cold dark hall looking for my locker. Feeling eyes following my every move. It was easy to realize, I’m different. The guys looked as if they have been taking steroids since birth and wore old t-shirts with GA Bulldog Football decals. I wore my regular everyday surf shorts, flip flops, button down shirt and guitar pick necklace. Girls glanced and giggled, guys starred and growled as I let my hair slightly fall back over my eyes. Recognizing that, this surfer dude has been left on the beach without a board.

Now at Butts County Middle School, next year … Butts High? My old friends can never know! I will have to change my Twitter name, never ‘friend’ anyone here, the fear that someone would post “Go Butt High” on my Facebook wall. Who was allowed to name this county after the Butts family and who was the moron who made the mascot a Jack Ass? How many jokes can one take, unfortunately I will find out! My new Facebook status will have to read: Just sitting on my Ass, in Butts County. Or my last Tweet on Twitter will read: Get off my Ass I’m stuck in Butts County. They will be climbing all over my ass with jokes.


To Read More: Please send a request

No comments:

Post a Comment