Sunday, February 13, 2011

Random Act of Kindness with a Twist

Yoga might not appeal to a person that seems as flexible as a two-by-four. Who would want to make spectacle of themselves by attending a Yoga class without the ability to touch your toes? The thought of a Yoga class gave me nightmarish visions, because yes, I am the two-by-four. I started hearing more and more people talk about Pilates, curiosity was evident, however, every person that spoke passionately using the word Pilates were undeniably health and fitness freaks. You know the type; tall, skinny, great posture and you never-ever see them eat a dessert. Yes, that type! Pilates and Yoga became taboo.


Random acts of kindness drives my everyday life. Whether it is picking up something that someone else dropped, holding a door open for a stranger, and sometimes it’s a much bigger act. Random acts are rarely returned, but that is not the point. The gain is how good it makes you feel. Unexpectedly I received a gift for what was a random act of kindness. A one hour private Pilates session and the appointment was already made for 11:00AM on Tuesday. No wiggle room there, I had to go or be rude! Not knowing what to expect or what to do, I went. Yoga, I still haven’t tried, but this Pilates “thing” I haven’t stopped going! Once a week or more, I attend a session. It has improved my flexibility, strength and posture. Personally, my lower back no longer aches every day and I noticed I now have incredible balance. Adding Pilates to my weekly exercise routine has given me amazing results.


A reward for a random act of kindness is rare, especially a full hour Pilates session. This note from me to you … is a random act of kindness. My goal is to entice you to attend a Pilates class, even if you too are a two-by-four.



No comments:

Post a Comment